Once we’ve committed to each other, we can focus on your birthing needs, your priorities and wishes.
Two, 1-2 hour, prenatal visits, between 32-37 weeks. At your convenience, we can meet to discuss your birth preferences, comfort measures, pain management options, plus we get to know each other a bit better.
Email/text/phone support to answer any questions, discuss any fears/concerns, keep up to date on any pertinent doctor appointments, etc.
On-call, at 38 weeks, while knowing I will always do my best to arrive in situations where premature labour occurs.
- Comfort measures, both emotionally and physically
- Relaxation techniques
- Explanations of processes and procedures
- Positioning techniques
- Partner support, and family support
- Encouragement to ask questions and express preferences/concerns to your health care providers
- Holding space
- Follow-up visit the next day at the hospital, if desired.
- Continued email/text/phone support for up to 1 month.
- Follow-up visit within 1-2 weeks where we can discuss your birth story; we can fill in any details you may have been too distracted to catch.
During the follow-up visit, I can also provide help with any difficulties you may be experiencing in adjusting to the new role of parent. (Breastfeeding tips, soothing techniques for baby, etc)
I am always available to suggest referrals to community support and resources.
If you feel the need for more (or less) support, we can easily work that out.
Flexible payment plans available. $200 deposit required prior to prenatal appointments. Remainder due by 38 weeks.